Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 06:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: waterproof binoculars  (Read 5135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
  • Posts: 1704
Binoculars are nice to have. Good binoculars are expensive and waterproof good binoculars are hellaciously expensive.

Big 5 has a pair of compact waterproof binoculars for $19 on sale.

Are they the best? No, but they are better than your eyes and they are waterproof. I have gone through 3 sets of these in 17 years (overboard, lost, etc.) and after I get another set today, I'll just be approaching the price of an ok pair of non-waterproof bino's.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:52:40 PM by Fishesfromtupperware »
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"


kallitype

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Location: Vashon Island, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1673
PRetty nifty, but isn't 10X an awful lot to handhold steady on the drink???  I use submersible  Fujinon 6X and they are pretty twitchy with any kind of wave action.
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy