Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 10:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Video's: Pacific City 3.25.12  (Read 11375 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dberd

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: The Couv
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 696
Great videos- looks like a lot of fun! Been thinking about salt this last year..fishing looks great.Not quite ready yet gearwise. Been practicing self rescue in my Outback but INSAYN's story brings a question to mind. You cant get back in a kayak thats not there!  I'm sure you guys would be tethering the kayak to yourself if it wasnt a tangle/safety issue.Does seperation happen often?
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC


INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
That was my first separation during a Huli.  I've had several prior, and the kayak was always right there when I popped up.  I'm looking into making a different leash for the paddle that I can disconnect at the paddle if need be.  Pelagic made a great point about leashing the paddle to the kayak via the bow line.  I've always been of the thinking that a tangle could be an issue, but now that I've experienced the "bye bye" kayak, I'm going to try to avoid this from happening again. 
 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15