Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 11:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: just some trout...  (Read 1886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rogerdodger

  • Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • roger
  • Location: Florence OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 1649
Pepper and I went out for our first extended outing on my PA12, primary goal was to spend several hours on Lake Munsel in Florence with her riding in the back, and I brought along 2 poles with basic trout trolling set-ups.

she was great on the back, sitting mostly and laying down also, so I was able to get to fishing right away and in addition to a pair of 'normal' rainbows, I also got to bonk a nice fat 16" one and I let several small coho go unharmed...

Pepper did try to climb over and join me on the seat once, it was just after I got the big fish safely into the cooler/bag...so her timing was perfect....cheers, roger
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)



Kyle M

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 952
Awesome!  I love the ABS pipe dog corral.


C_Run

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Independence, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 1256
...but will she be able to contain herself when the dog-sized Chinook comes on board?


rogerdodger

  • Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • roger
  • Location: Florence OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 1649
...but will she be able to contain herself when the dog-sized Chinook comes on board?

yeah, I am thinking she will be going with me on lakes for relatively smooth water outings, being out on the Siuslaw during the fall salmon runs with all the other boats and wind waves and tide/currents and then hooking into a big fish, that might be just a bit of a stretch to have her 80# of wiggling fun on the back of the yak....
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)