Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 07:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Neck Reliever for Drysuit Gasket Pinch  (Read 3001 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yaktrap

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 712
Here's a product I like, Neck Reliever it's a collar that takes the pressure off a latex neck gasket when you don't need the 100% seal. Just don't forget to take it off before coming back thru the surf. Simple to make if you have 1/2" tygon tube and some material for the plug, or buy one from kayakacademy.com for about 11 bucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc-8s77Fiq4&feature=youtu.be

Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)


INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
I made one a few years ago for my dry top after PolePole mentioned how great they work.  I made it with too small of 1/2" diameter tubing so it would not stay put. 

Then made another out of 3/4" diameter for my trip to GS8 and it worked AWESOME! 
Paired that with a Buff that I could tuck down in there to keep latex off my neck altogether.  Kept me very comfortable without any latex rash or sore neck issues.  Highly recommend it, and cheap to make. 

 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15


 

anything