Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 02:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Springers above the falls?  (Read 3726 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ken

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Canby, OR
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
  • Posts: 23
Being new to kayak fishing, I'm anxious to see if I can catch a Spring Chinook in a few months in the Willamette near the mouth of the Mollala.  I have thought that I would probably try trolling a plug cut herring, or bobber fishing with eggs and/or shrimp.  I'm not aware of many people fishing for springers in that area, so will I just be getting some exercise or do I have a chance to hook something?  Obviously I'll wait until the counts are up at the falls before giving it a try.


Spot

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Hillsboro
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
  • Posts: 5959
You probably have a better chance down low or in the Columbia but at the very least, it's a good excuse to go exploring....  Do a search on ifish if you're serious.  Older posts used to have a lot of very specific information that's still useful.

-Mark- 
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st


 

anything