Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 03:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Selecting a Kayak for Salmon/Steelhead Fishing  (Read 4760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

uplandsandpiper

  • Guest
I am going to start producing regular kayak fishing articles for Fishing Addicts Northwest. My first article gets back to the basics. Salmon/steelhead are some of the most sought after fish in our region so I figured I'd start with an article on how to select a kayak for the multitude of steelhead/salmon fisheries in our region. This is geared towards guys new to the sport and I hope it helps those considering buying a kayak to catch a little more chrome.

http://www.fishingaddictsnorthwest.com/selecting-kayak-salmon-fishing-guest-article/


newprincipal

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Battle Ground, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 166
You know as much about this as the rest of us.  I can only speak to my Trident 13.

It is really stable on big water and handles the traffic on teh Columbia with ease.  It is light enough for me to pack on the roof by myself and has the capacity for me and all my gear.  It is pre-formed for electronics and tracks really well.  It is limited in swift water, but is doable.  I really like the in-hull storage and the rod pod is very useful for a paddle kayak.   Paddle kayaks are limited for a large area on either side due to the areas needed to paddle.   It is a great and affordable boat.   

This what you are looking for?


uplandsandpiper

  • Guest
You know as much about this as the rest of us.  I can only speak to my Trident 13.

It is really stable on big water and handles the traffic on teh Columbia with ease.  It is light enough for me to pack on the roof by myself and has the capacity for me and all my gear.  It is pre-formed for electronics and tracks really well.  It is limited in swift water, but is doable.  I really like the in-hull storage and the rod pod is very useful for a paddle kayak.   Paddle kayaks are limited for a large area on either side due to the areas needed to paddle.   It is a great and affordable boat.   

This what you are looking for?

I wasn't looking for advice. I was just posting a link to an article, for new and future members, I wrote that discusses which kayak might be best suited for the various types of salmon/steelhead kayak fisheries in our region.


newprincipal

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Battle Ground, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 166
sorr, i misunderstood.  I thought you were in the process of writing the article....maybe I should have read the link.


 

anything