Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 09:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Tillamook Bay Practice Run  (Read 1900 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nobaddays

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Central Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
  • Posts: 469
Even though the tides forced us to do an afternoon trip, Mojo and I knocked the dust off our kayaks and hit the bay.  I have never fished the bay from a kayak and have never fished for salmon from a kayak, so I had a lot of bugs to work out.

The wind kicked up preventing us from fishing for perch and rockfish like we wanted. 

While moving to another spot I decided to troll for salmon.  Had one on for a short battle before it broke me off.  Lesson learned.....heavier gear come Saturday.

Looking forward to the tournament.  This will be my first tournament.  Mojo has put a lot of work into it and it will be lots of fun.
The two best times to fish is when it’s raining and when it ain’t. -Patrick McManus

Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.


Mojo Jojo

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Location: Tillamook, Oregon
  • Date Registered: May 2014
  • Posts: 6083
Thanks for joining me today and I did make it to the jetty but the wind in the afternoon kept me from making more then one 1/4 pass along the south wall and I just got one good hit but the little rockfish didn't stick. Perch fished Hobson point for a few passes got my bait stripped a few times on a #4 hook with brined sand shrimp.



Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”


 

anything