Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 08:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod
 

Topic: Close to home Kokanee  (Read 2538 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Widgeonmangh

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Fishing Kayaks of Gig Harbor
  • Location: Gig Harbor, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 472
Had a killer busy weekend and was really tired but needed to go fishing.  Didn't want to go far because it was already 8am before I decided to go.  So I went to a little lake not 15 mins. from my house.  Not exactly a zipper lip location,  it is Lake Devereaux.  No motors except electrics, perfect for the Wavewalk. It had been rumored to have kokanee in and so I looked up the stocking report for the lake.  Sure enough, they stock it with kokes!

So I got to the launch by 9am and probably on the water a half an hour later.  It was not off the hook fishing by any stretch, but I consistently got hit, and was able to get 3 kokes and a trout.  Largest Koke was about 11.5 inches, probably the max size for the productivity available in this lake. I released some of next years fish (3-4 inches) and a couple of trout voluntarily shook off at the boat. (that is my story and I am sticking with it) and I enjoyed a great day without any skiers!

I was 24 feet on the wire, in 40 - 55 feet of water.

Nice time.

Fish on the right side that's where the fish are! John 21:6

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!


 

anything