Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 07:45:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:00:20 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod
 

Topic: Puget Sound Salmon Resources  (Read 2688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Location: Lake Forest Park
  • Date Registered: May 2015
  • Posts: 18
As I have been researching and learning about salmon fishing in Puget Sound there are a couple resources I use a lot that I thought might help others new to trying to catch salmon from a kayak in Puget Sound.

I found deep zoom to be useful in timing when I go and where for nearby tide locations and current speeds.  You can select what day you want to look at and slide the time chart to see tide levels and estimated current.  I also look different sites for marine forecast for wind speed and direction.

http://www.deepzoom.com/

In learning how to rig up for the various salmon I have been using the fishing journals from John's Sporting Goods site.  Look at past newsletters for ideas etc.  August and September of odd years are good for pinks, September for coho etc.

http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/




 

anything