Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 09:50:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Port Oford fishing?  (Read 2992 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
I was browsing some of the surf cams today, and ran across the Port Orford cam.  Today the surf looks as calm as Cape Kiwanda on a good day.

If anyone knows, how's the fishing around those rock structures scattered around there?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=port+orford&ie=UTF8&ll=42.736233,-124.480848&spn=0.029819,0.087204&t=h&z=14&iwloc=addr
 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15


coosbayyaker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Location: Coos Bay Oregon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
  • Posts: 3862
Zac(southcoastpaddler) fishes there . Pretty good black cod fishing and i'm sure there some nice lings there. He would know better though as i have never fished there yet, but plan on it soon.
See ya on the water..
Roy



INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
Looks like it would be a fun place to fish.  Kind of a sheltered cove like we have up here in Cape Kiwanda. 
 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15


coosbayyaker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Location: Coos Bay Oregon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
  • Posts: 3862
yep, that's what Zac always says , almost always pretty calm conditions. I'm pretty much obsessing on the salmon right now or i would go down there.
See ya on the water..
Roy



 

anything