Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:11:23 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 10:00:06 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:43:13 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 03:48:56 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by Zach
[June 13, 2024, 06:12:39 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

[June 07, 2024, 08:15:15 AM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:35:37 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:08:01 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: Sunset Bay AOTD camping  (Read 3364 times)

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
So, as it turns out, the Oregon coast is a popular place to camp in the summer on a weekend....who knew.

Anyway, it looks like I put off making a reservation for the Sunset Bay Angler of The Day tournament too long and it seems there is nothing available now.  If you have a reservation and decide you are not going to be able to use it, please let me know before you cancel it.  We were planning on tent camping.

Also, if you are from the Coos Bay area and have some other suggestions of where to camp please let me know.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:57:05 AM by Nobaddays »
The two best times to fish is when it’s raining and when it ain’t. -Patrick McManus

Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
-Sunset Bay State Park
-Bastendorf Beach County Park
-Oceanside RV Park
-At the end of the road at Bastendorff beach you may stay for free, but beware there are transients there that know this too.
-Captain Johns Motel- Cheap (you get what you pay for) and close.
-Check out airbnb.com or VBRO.com. There are local cottages and/or studios you may still find available.

Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
For anyone still looking for a place to stay, contact Candy & John at Bay Cove Cottage (very nice place & people) in Charleston.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4978273?s=c5liVfPj

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
For anyone still looking for a place to stay, contact Candy & John at Bay Cove Cottage (very nice place & people) in Charleston.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4978273?s=c5liVfPj
It looks like they are also booked for the weekend
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:20:13 PM by Nobaddays »
The two best times to fish is when it’s raining and when it ain’t. -Patrick McManus

Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
May be worth giving them a call just to check.
http://www.oregonsadventurecoast.com/listings/bay-cove-vacation-rentals/

Tell them you're attending the event & it couldn't hurt to let them know I told you about the place.

Paul Walker

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Guess it's time to crawl out of my hole and make an appearance....

Anyone that wants to come to the tourny at the last minute and can't find a place to camp hit me up, I have some room for tents at my place.
See ya on the water..
Roy

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Quick hit him with the spotlight!
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
If anyone needs a trailer spot at Bastendorff campground, PM me. I have reservations for Aug. 24-28. Found out today that I can't make the tournament, and the park won't give me any refund.

The spot has been spoken for. Sorry!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:03:06 AM by goldendog »
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
If anyone needs a trailer spot at Bastendorff campground, PM me. I have reservations for Aug. 24-28. Found out today that I can't make the tournament, and the park won't give me any refund.

Dang it Dave! What a bummer on all counts! Was looking forward to hangin out again! Godspeed to you sir, and hope things are ok with whatever is re-directing you.  >:(

What I this really means is... everyone will miss your clam chowder, and the competition just got lightened up by a whole lot since you wont be there!  :laugh:
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007

Dang it Dave! What a bummer on all counts! Was looking forward to hangin out again! Godspeed to you sir, and hope things are ok with whatever is re-directing you.  >:(

What I this really means is... everyone will miss your clam chowder, and the competition just got lightened up by a whole lot since you wont be there!  :laugh:

I talked to Dave, he will be here on Saturday to hang out and help with the tourney just wont be fishing which is a bummer. This will be the first AOTD that he wont be fishing in.

His Trailer spot at Bastendorff will still be available and I don't see why you couldn't tent camp in the spot. pm him here or contact him on facebook.
See ya on the water..
Roy

Nobaddays

• Lingcod

Pm sent

anything