Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:11:23 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 10:00:06 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:43:13 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 03:48:56 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by Zach
[June 13, 2024, 06:12:39 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

[June 07, 2024, 08:15:15 AM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:35:37 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:08:01 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: Sunset Bay Angler Of The Day Recap and Standings  (Read 4239 times)

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Here is a link to a bunch of pictures on the Facebook page.

Just want to thank everyone again for coming, it was great to see the old crew and to meet the new faces, hope you all will come back again next year.

https://www.facebook.com/roy.marcum.58/media_set?set=a.10210058457767584.1073741836.1521008362&type=3&pnref=story
See ya on the water..
Roy

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
... yes most of the time I do tend to pack a little heavy. It's tough to choose...

My attitude: There are two types of fisherman: Those who have enough gear on board, and those who ask for gear from other fisherman when they run out.  ;D  Unless I am being really specific on what I'm targeting, or I'm trying out a new tactic and I want to make sure I stick with it, I usually pack enough for some contingencies. I actually left a few lures on shore that I meant to have in the kayak for AOTD and it was not a good feeling to look in my box and realize I couldn't go with my game plan.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Eric M got a 22 & a 19 inch BRF on a double hook up, but missed the check in.

[/url
[url=http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5282]

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
... yes most of the time I do tend to pack a little heavy. It's tough to choose...

My attitude: There are two types of fisherman: Those who have enough gear on board, and those who ask for gear from other fisherman when they run out.  ;D  Unless I am being really specific on what I'm targeting, or I'm trying out a new tactic and I want to make sure I stick with it, I usually pack enough for some contingencies. I actually left a few lures on shore that I meant to have in the kayak for AOTD and it was not a good feeling to look in my box and realize I couldn't go with my game plan.
Ling Banger, Tanner & I spent a few hours Friday getting bait. Thought I had grabbed the yogurt container w/ the sand shrimp the next morning. Imagine my chagrin when I open the container when I got on the water & found I had brought a quart of yogurt  :embarassed:. Thankfully, I brought the clams which helped me land 3rd place.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Imagine my chagrin when I open the container when I got on the water & found I had brought a quart of yogurt  :embarassed:.

Oh man!  ;D "How am I going to catch fish with this?!?"

Bigjim

• Lingcod
  • No white flags.
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Looks like an awesome event!! Congrats to all!!

Ling Banger, Tanner & I spent a few hours Friday getting bait. Thought I had grabbed the yogurt container w/ the sand shrimp the next morning. Imagine my chagrin when I open the container when I got on the water & found I had brought a quart of yogurt  :embarassed:. Thankfully, I brought the clams which helped me land 3rd place.

LOL!! WTG Paul!! Stoked for you!!

:)

Sincerely,

Jim

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
Looks like an awesome event!! Congrats to all!!

LOL!! WTG Paul!! Stoked for you!!

:)

Sincerely,

Jim
Thanks Jim - just finished up the yogurt today. Headed back to CB w/ my dive gear for the weekend.

surf12foot

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Here are a couple of pictures, sorry for taking awhile to post but salmon fishing is controlling my life now. The 1st picture is self-explanatory.( good thing there is no audio go with it, make a sailor blush) The next pictures are the next day helping James(Nobaddays) with some real time on the water fly fishing tips for rockfish. As you can tell by the bend in the rod he was a great learner!
Scott

anything