Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 12:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hobie rudder lines  (Read 3271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Honu

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Medical Lake, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 21
Has anyone found a source for the 700 lb. spectra line Hobie uses on their rudder controls?  I'd like to buy in bulk and not pay $.39 /ft. from ACK.
Thanks,
Scott


Matt M

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
  • Posts: 1272
I would search for kite braid, I purchased a 500ft spool of 500lb line for ~$20 it should last me my lifetime as well as many others. Turns out my wife likes using it for all sorts of things. I cant imagine needing the extra 250lb of line rating but I am sure they make it stronger too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL


Honu

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Medical Lake, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 21
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk



Honu

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Medical Lake, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 21
Here's what I ended up finding. 750 lb. Spectra speargun line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk



Honu

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Medical Lake, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 21
Quite a bit thicker than original but fit thru tubing better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk



Honu

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Medical Lake, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 21


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk



 

anything