Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 05:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Anybody here fish a Hobie i11s?  (Read 3632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

uplandsandpiper

  • Guest
I've been curious about the Hobie i11s for a while. I like the idea of a Mirage drive driven SUP/kayak that is lightweight but I can still stand in and sight cast for bass or even better fly fishing from.

Anybody have any experiences fishing from this craft?

Is it stable enough to stand on and fish from?


Dan_E

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Location: McMinnville, OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
  • Posts: 345
Yes, had mine for almost a year now and love fishing off it.  Stability is great and standing to fish is easy.   Check out videos from rogerdodger for more on the i11s.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


rogerdodger

  • Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • roger
  • Location: Florence OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 1649
yes.

I do move around lots and stand now and then, my videos on youtube show lots of that.

I did some spinner casting for coho while standing back in October on Siltcoos, 10 minutes or so, very stable but it would be nice to have an H-bar or Standing Stick to have a leg against.  In truth, casting from the Vantage Seat is almost as good and I keep it in the high position everywhere but the ocean.

PM me if you have any specific questions.  cheers, roger
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)



Dan_E

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Location: McMinnville, OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
  • Posts: 345

 but it would be nice to have an H-bar or Standing Stick to have a leg against. 

I've been thinking the same, an H bar would be a nice add-on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk