Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2026, 11:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Sunshine coast fishing report  (Read 7717 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Garrick

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018
  • Posts: 31
I spent last week exploring the sunshine coast with family. I was mothershipping and able to access some great spots for the odd fishing session. I fished around the lighthouse just south of thormanby island and got lingcod and some very large rockfish on 6" paddle tails.  The bite was quick when you found the right areas. Currents were pretty strong.
I fished the southern tip of Lasqueti island (launched from squitty bay). There were plenty of Chinook salmon around, but I only caught undersized fish. I fished the end of pushing high tide. I used a 2onz Lil nib jig to get the fish.  All you had to do was find a bait ball and there would be salmon with them. I didn't try try travelling.
My usual lingcod spots had be picked clean of legal fish and I could only find short fish.

Next, I fished Texada island and again the salmon were thick, but finding a keeper proved elusive. The fishing was so good that my wife who usually makes two casts before reading a book fished for hours. Here i stayed on the boat due to the how fast some of the boats were flying by. I also caught some good size lingcod on 6" paddle tails and jigs.

Finally I fished Hotham sound, avoiding the RCA's. Here i targeted the lingcod with 4onz jigs and paddle tails. I got into several fish in a few hours. All were of good size.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:51:17 PM by Garrick »


Hocuspik

  • Krill
  • *
  • Location: Chilliwack BC
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
  • Posts: 15
That sounds like u had a great trip! I'm new to salt fishing and it's nice to see some post's from the local water's here in Vancouver area. I have yet to purchase a drysuit but will be getting one in the near future. Until then I'll just read and dream.


Yak fisher

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
  • Posts: 72
good report, thanks!


 

anything