Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 04:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Fish finder  (Read 7160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DamagedGoods

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Newport, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
  • Posts: 7
Looking to get a fish finder and it's already wired up. Anyone know what it's wired up for.


MonkeyFist

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Corvallis, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 380
That's a Humminbird power and transducer.
You can have this 385ci if you want.
Nothing but the head  unit, but you have the rest of it.


« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:57:58 PM by MonkeyFist »


DamagedGoods

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Newport, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
  • Posts: 7
Good ?? I have a lowerance on the 12' but this is for the 14'.
I'm still trying to figure this out. I am a total noob.


DamagedGoods

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Newport, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
  • Posts: 7
Should I just replace the whole unit. Suggestions?


workhard

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Location: Bellingham
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
  • Posts: 723
You're looking for a Humminbird head unit if you don't want to replace the wires / transducer.


MonkeyFist

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Corvallis, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 380
Should I just replace the whole unit. Suggestions?

I would.
The capabilities of a new device will outweigh any potential savings from a used one.
Take a real hard look at the power cable, check to see how far it's corroded from the power end if you plan to use it.
I've come to look at fishfinders as a consumable.
You're going to get 3-5 years out of it before it needs replacing, maybe less if you have a yard sale in the surf.


DamagedGoods

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Newport, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
  • Posts: 7
Thanks for the info. I'll check everything out.
Any suggestions on new units?


bogueYaker

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Location: Back in Gerrymanderville, NC
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
  • Posts: 416
Any suggestions on new units?

What kind of fishing are you looking to do? Do you want bathymetry maps? My first FF was a Garmin Striker 4 and while pretty bare bones, I really like the fact that even though I've treated it like crap the past three seasons (fishing Puget Sound exclusively, rinse it off like once or twice a season, never hit the cords w/ dielectric grease, etc.), it's still going strong.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:41:29 PM by bogueYaker »


DamagedGoods

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Newport, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
  • Posts: 7
I'm just getting started, have been going out in Alsea and Yaquina bay, eventually I'll get my butt out of the jaws. Gonna be awhile I think. Still alot to learn.


bogueYaker

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Location: Back in Gerrymanderville, NC
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
  • Posts: 416
I'm just getting started, have been going out in Alsea and Yaquina bay, eventually I'll get my butt out of the jaws. Gonna be awhile I think. Still alot to learn.

I don't know anything about fishing down on the OR coast... but a lot of people on here do. You can also use the search feature to find past threads on fish finders. There's a ton of them.


 

anything