Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2026, 08:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Upper Willamette Coho  (Read 35420 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drifter2007

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Lebanon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • Posts: 840
I need to give this a try!
How far is it from the park to the deadline? Is it obvious, or one of those imaginary lines? Never been below the park. Only fished there once for bass with CPT RB a couple years ago.
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!


C_Run

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Independence, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 1256
Can you fish the Santiams? They have been crossing Upper Bennett Dam lately.


Beer_Run

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: West Linn
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
  • Posts: 543
I need to give this a try!
How far is it from the park to the deadline? Is it obvious, or one of those imaginary lines? Never been below the park. Only fished there once for bass with CPT RB a couple years ago.

It is probably 1-1.5 miles. I don't go far enough to see the warning sign/buoy or get anywhere near the falls. A lot of folk troll a big circle in front of the Tualatin. With the number of fish coming over, I am guessing fish will be all over the place.
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray


Drifter2007

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Lebanon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • Posts: 840
So I was hoping to make it up on Friday, but that is not going to happen. Now looking at Saturday afternoon.

Question:Do you think it is going to be so crowded that I will regret making a 70 mile drive to fish Saturday afternoon? Say for instance crowded like Drano Lake, or the mouth of the Lewis a month ago?

1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!


Beer_Run

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: West Linn
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
  • Posts: 543
Not at all. If it is busy there might be 15 boats in a 1.5 mile stretch. Although with the count over the dam, there might be more, but NOTHING like Drano or Austin Pt 3 weeks ago. Depending on a buddy's report from the mouth of the Lewis River today, I may hit the Columbia. If it is crappy there, I will be out at some point this weekend.
 
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray


Drifter2007

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Lebanon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • Posts: 840
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!


Beer_Run

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: West Linn
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
  • Posts: 543
Me and four other boats. Was in the water for about five minutes before this guy came along.
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray


Shin09

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
  • Posts: 616
Salmon whisperer! Nice chrome!


Beer_Run

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: West Linn
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
  • Posts: 543
 Boom boom!  Barely an hour on the water. No more driving to Woodland for awhile!
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray


Matt M

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
  • Posts: 1272
Making me jealous while I work long days. Perhaps I am coming down with something and must get away.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL


Shin09

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
  • Posts: 616
Headed after work today. Fingers crossed I can repeat Beer_Run’s success, but if i do half as well I will come home a happy man. 


Matt M

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
  • Posts: 1272
Boom boom!  Barely an hour on the water. No more driving to Woodland for awhile!

Were the wigglers the ticket? Do you run them with a diver or just let our 50 or so feet and let them dive how they dive?
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL


Beer_Run

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: West Linn
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
  • Posts: 543
I was running my standard Columbia gear. 360 flasher, 16oz, 30-35 FOV, 35-37 on the line counter. SpinFish for the two. Monkey Pickle not that I believe color is all that critical. Folk were flat lining plugs, but I wasn't gonna change what was working :)

- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray


Shin09

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
  • Posts: 616
Big O-fer for me today from 3PM to dark.  Saw fish all over the finder but nada. Right at sunset fish just started leaping out of the water like crazy.  Its like they are giving you teh middle finger lol


C_Run

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Independence, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 1256
No kayak for me today but I did pluck one from the bank of the Santiam this morning.