Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Port of Edmonds?  (Read 5978 times)

jhr3

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
I've heard fishing for pinks off of Edmonds has been great.  I haven't fished there before.  I understand that it is pretty easy to find parking at the Port of Edmonds Marina and use their boat ramp.  I also understand that there is an area where fishing isn't allowed ("It is unlawful to fish for or possess food fish or shellfish taken from the following waters except while fishing from the Edmonds public fishing pier: Waters inside a line from a boundary marker on the north breakwater to the southernmost marker buoy then to the north end of the city of Edmonds public beach.").  Curious to know if it easy to see the north boundary marker, southern marker buoy, and Edmonds beach from the water?  I heard the fishing is great but I don't want to be stupid and get cited for fishing in an area where I shouldn't be.  Could someone comment on whether or not the fishing is good off of Edmonds and if the graphic below somewhat accurately shows the no fishing line?  Thanks for any and all feedback.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
What boat ramp in Edmonds?

-Allen

jhr3

• Herring
I called the marina and they said that as long as kayakers don't use a trailer they are more than welcome to park in their lot, use their ramp, or just drop your boat in from their dock.  I can see it on an aerial photo but unless you know it is there I don't think you can really see it from the water or from the street.  Or you can just park there and dump it in from the beach . . .

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Are you talking about the car top boat launch (carry in) at Marina Beach Park?

Back in the day (as in 20 years ago), I spent 2 summers on the grass at the park.  We set up a volley ball court almost every day and would play all day long.  We were training for tournaments we'd play every weekend. Those were the days ... jobless and not a care in the world.

-Allen

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
The launch I think you're talking about is on the way to the public fishing pier. It's concrete and just off to the right. Pretty hard to miss.

I wouldn't worry too much about where the boundaries are, just follow the other boaters. And there will be plenty of boaters. Make sure to stay out of the way of the ferry and underwater park and you'll be all good.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

jhr3

• Herring
Thanks guys.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
Beware getting too close to the public fishing pier.  :whip2: I used to fish it with a 11' surfcasting rod (30+ years ago!) and if boats got too close I'd lob a 4oz mooching sinker in their general direction. >:D The best fishing is out a ways, anyways, so there's no need to squeeze the landlubbers.

I'm only aware of a sling at the Port, no ramp. Lots of easy launching off the beaches.

davew

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
If you drive south past the marina there's a hand carry boat launch on the beach right next to the dog park. 

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
If you drive south past the marina there's a hand carry boat launch on the beach right next to the dog park. 

That's the one I'm referring to at Marina Beach.

Regarding the no fishing zone around the pier.  When I used to fish this area most of my time was spent south of the opening of the marina.  Since the no fishing zone is around the pier which is north of the opening of the marina, I never needed to worry about it.  Besides the area is well marked with buoys.

-Allen

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
That's the one I'm referring to at Marina Beach.
Me too. We're all talking about the same spot! :laughing6:

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Some of my earliest memories are of the Edmonds marina.  Before the public fishing pier went in, my father and his buddies would walk the tops of the pilings to get out to the breakwater.  Yes, the pilings/breakwater you see right there where the pier is.  I was too young to walk the pilings.  The families would picnic on the beach while the men did their thing.

Lot's of other good memories of the Edmonds marina area ...

-Allen

jhr3

• Herring
Great morning at Edmonds.  Thanks for the tips guys.  Put in at 7:00 AM and caught a big coho at around 7:30.  Shortly thereafter I caught 4 pinks within 1.5 hours or so.  Had a great time!  Was a little rough when I started out but the wind died down around 8ish.  Can someone ID the fish in the photo for me?  I swear it is a coho but I'm a bit of a novice at this.

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Its a coho(silver)check out the white on the gumline. a king would be all black.
what were you using?
rich

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Its a coho(silver)check out the white on the gumline. a king would be all black.
what were you using?
rich

Agreed!!!  Well done.
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

jhr3

• Herring
I was using a humpy rig . . . worked great!

anything