Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 07:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Day off & a fury dog  (Read 10664 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

squidgirl

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Graham WA
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
  • Posts: 683
Rav... speaking of Shitzu.. if you want some of that dog fur for tieing flies let me know i will have my parents save some next time they have sammy trimed hes white and black .... here..

"Life is short lets go fishing"


YakontheFly

  • Clouser Meister
  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Frogmore - Gullah Gullah Island
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
  • Posts: 397
But really, don't you guys think that any fly made from dog hair would sorta have to work best for chum salmon?????

Wouldn't cat or squirrel hair work better for a Chum?   ;D


Em7b5

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Browns Point
  • Date Registered: May 2009
  • Posts: 83
  Your probably right, I didn't think the "dog" salmon all the way through........
  I think I'll tie up a couple of tennis ball flys and test the theory.


polyangler

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Lacey, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
  • Posts: 1844
But really, don't you guys think that any fly made from dog hair would sorta have to work best for chum salmon?????

Wouldn't cat or squirrel hair work better for a Chum?   ;D

I second this thought.

I tied a few with rabbit. My dogs (K9 type) really go after those little suckers ferociously. I can only hope this theory holds true.
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod


 

anything