Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 11:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: what size of fishnet to use  (Read 3044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tsquared

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Victoria British Columbia
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
  • Posts: 483
I picked up my new Revolution today and I'm now starting to add to the accessories. What size of net/length of handle do people use? (I'm thinking of a size necessary to handle chinook.) (kings)
Thanks,
T2


demonick

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 2835
I picked up my new Revolution today and I'm now starting to add to the accessories. What size of net/length of handle do people use? (I'm thinking of a size necessary to handle chinook.) (kings)

I have this 20" Promar folding/extending net:  http://www.promarnets.com/promar/Products.aspx?Cat=2&Item=4

It is a light duty net.  It had no problem with pinks and flounders, but it would have a problem with a 25 pound chinook.  I do like the extending handle and the folding feature makes it easy to transport.  After a year in the salt it is holding up very well.  The largest folder Promar makes is a 26x31" hoop. 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com


 

anything