Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 08:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Shimano TVC-66H Butterfly Jig Rod  (Read 2823 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fishnut

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Location: Marysville,Wa
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
  • Posts: 660
 The previous thread on the Shakespere rod was great and I may pick one up when I'm in the $$ again(2 job interviews coming up). Seems to be a great rod at a modest price and popular with many including Spot's tournament wins. I have my favorite go to rod that seems to be doing the job but has a pricier tag to it ($119.00). It's 6'6", one piece, rated from 80-200lb braid and is still sensitive enough for jigging Lings with 30lb braid and can handle the big boys too. My Butt and Dino were both caught on this rod and it can handle much more if I ever get the chance for big bluewater fishing. I've paired it up with an ancient Penn 113H Senator for the Halibut and a Shimano  Trident(so old the markings are worn off:all reels refurbished)for the Dino. I still use my Lamiglass Steelhead rod with 20lb PP braid for rockfish/Lings. It's just much more fun when using light jigheads,etc.
  Any suggestions for a good, med priced salmon mooching rod and also a trolling rod(salmon) which will be used with banana weights up to around 6-8 oz?


 

anything