Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 09:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: what is too long of a rod for yak fishing  (Read 2978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

flyry

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: silverdale
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 63
So I am trying to get ready for fishing the sound, rivers, and lakes for salmon and trout, and I was wondering what you guys prefer.   I don't like to over horse fish, but if I hook onto a large king a want to have at least a chance of getting him in.  I've been fishing long enough to know that one rod can't please everyone, and has its own purpose.   So let's say two rods one for casting, and one for jogging/ trolling.  Casting I would assume longer 8 to 9 foot medium power fast action spinning.  I have a g loomis medium action bronze back with a shimano stradic 4000.  Too light?  Jigging/ trolling/bait I have a shimano trevala 5'8" heavy power with a shimano Calcutta 700 level wind.  Too much?   Let me know if I need to do some Christmas shopping for myself.... Budget will be around 350 for a combo.