Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:32:46 AM]

[Today at 06:23:12 AM]

[June 04, 2024, 05:45:18 PM]

[June 04, 2024, 12:10:56 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 06:03:03 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:35:37 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:08:01 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 01:37:54 PM]

[June 02, 2024, 08:07:13 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:31:12 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:30:19 AM]

[May 31, 2024, 09:49:03 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: WARNING! Super strong currents in the Willamette!  (Read 4097 times)

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I hit the Willamette this evening for some lack of Springer action >:(.  When I first launched, I was having a hell of a time getting upstream.  The current was more powerful than I had ever noticed before. That is, until Nate pointed out that I had not yet removed my cart from the bottom of the yak.   :BangHead:  The current became much more manageable after that and we enjoyed a beautiful rainy, then sunny, then rainy and windy, then sunny, then rainy, then cloudy and cold Portland evening.

Although, that wasn't as bad as showing up at the Milwaukie Boat ramp yesterday having forgot my bait in the garage.  I figured I would just pull a Kwik fish around until Stevehawk and DTS showed up.  Of course, I quickly discovered the mirage drive was next to the bait in the garage, so I decided to bag it. >:(  But, my hero Stevehawk showed up just in time and he had a spare drive and bait.  Without him I would not have been able to get skunked for Springers two days in a row. ;)

DeaFish

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
I hit the Willamette this evening for some lack of Springer action >:(.  When I first launched, I was having a hell of a time getting upstream.  The current was more powerful than I had ever noticed before. That is, until Nate pointed out that I had not yet removed my cart from the bottom of the yak.   :BangHead:  The current became much more manageable after that

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I have no words, because of the laughter I can't stop!

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I hit the Willamette this evening for some lack of Springer action >:(.  When I first launched, I was having a hell of a time getting upstream.  The current was more powerful than I had ever noticed before. That is, until Nate pointed out that I had not yet removed my cart from the bottom of the yak.   :BangHead:  The current became much more manageable after that and we enjoyed a beautiful rainy, then sunny, then rainy and windy, then sunny, then rainy, then cloudy and cold Portland evening.

Although, that wasn't as bad as showing up at the Milwaukie Boat ramp yesterday having forgot my bait in the garage.  I figured I would just pull a Kwik fish around until Stevehawk and DTS showed up.  Of course, I quickly discovered the mirage drive was next to the bait in the garage, so I decided to bag it. >:(  But, my hero Stevehawk showed up just in time and he had a spare drive and bait.  Without him I would not have been able to get skunked for Springers two days in a row. ;)
Man, Nate needs to get that on video next time!

craig

• Sturgeon

Jammer may have. He was kind enough to pull it for me out on the water so I would't have to go back to shore. 

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
Hilarious! The cart UNDER the kayak! Hah! This needs to be filed under DAMHIK!

True
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Hilarious! The cart UNDER the kayak! Hah! This needs to be filed under DAMHIK!

True
Umm, it is  ;D

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
D'oh! I just clicked on the link to the left. Curse you, new - old format! CURSE YOU!!!

True
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
That's so dumb, I've only done it twice! Never happens to me now that I launch from my trailer.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009

Jammer may have. He was kind enough to pull it for me out on the water so I would't have to go back to shore. 
Craig. Keep up the good work. Fine men like you always make me feel good as I'm not the only one to pull off these type of clusters. We need to stick together and have a group hug at ORC.

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009

[/quote]

Don't worry, I am sure I will have plenty of opportunity to get video of Craig's incredible kayaking skills.

goldendog

• Salmon
Craig, the minds the first thing to go!
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

craig

• Sturgeon
I like to learn from other people's mistakes, but it seems like I do a fair share of the teaching. 

As for losing my mind, that started happening about 7 years ago.  That is also when I  last had a good nights sleep.  Coincidentally, that is when my first kid was born.

j-fek

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
I was excited to go out on the willamette today and left my wheels on  :-[ felt like a dummy even after seeing this post i didn't learn
here fishy fishy fishy!!!

craig

• Sturgeon
I was excited to go out on the willamette today and left my wheels on  :-[ felt like a dummy even after seeing this post i didn't learn

Yo gotta do it at least once!

anything