Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 11:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: FF Humminbird 385ci kayak combo?  (Read 4580 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SturgeonRod

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Pittmeadows bc
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 378
Anyone currently using this model of finder??
-Rodney-


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
I have one and it is just a 385 with a 7 ah battery, charger, dry bag, cover plate, and gasket for though hull mounting.
The gasket is the only thing special. Not worth the price unless you can get one on closeout.
personally I like the larger screen on the 500 series. My 597 stays on my boat... the 385 has moved to the girlfriend's boat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


jim-dawg

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Aloha, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 246
I'm running a 383c GPS/Chartplotter combo and love it.


SturgeonRod

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Pittmeadows bc
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 378
Not sure what to get but I know I want gps for marking sturgeon holes
-Rodney-


DoubleR

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Bonney Lake
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 220
I got the 385ci kayak kit. Works great, but it was rather expensive and the screen is small. Also got the Navionics Marine & Lakes card to be able to see depth contures - to see where I want to get to.


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
The Navionics is the gigles!!
Best upgrade even though it  is spendy.


Noah

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 3598
The Navionics is the gigles!!
Best upgrade even though it  is spendy.
I've been thinking about making that upgrade, how much is spendy?


SturgeonRod

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Pittmeadows bc
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 378
I think it's between $199 and $250
-Rodney-


Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469


DoubleR

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Bonney Lake
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 220
I got the Marine &Lakes USA for $99.00.  Then you get to download one state - WA in my case. It gives you lakes, marine out to 3 miles, and the Columbia. Its not the Gold version which gets you more.  Bought it online from some GPS store.


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
I got the Canada gold which ran 250. It gives me Or Wa BC and south east Alaska

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


Noah

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 3598
Can you transfer the maps from different models of FF? Say from a lowrance to a hummingbird?


Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
Can you transfer the maps from different models of FF? Say from a lowrance to a hummingbird?

Don't think so.  When you order you have to specify the brand and model of your sounder.  My guess is each brand requires a different formatting.


Noah

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 3598
Thanks.

Sorry for the thread-jack doubleR


Sinker

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 412
I have a 385 cidi.  I really like it.  I do not find the down imaging necessary, although it would have been nice when i thought I was trolling over a submarine in the great lakes in a different boat.

It is easy to use and seems durable.  I have flipped in the surf and it still works.

My only issue is why on earth are the maps so expensive?  I can get navionics charts for my iPhone for $20.  To get the chip for the fishfinder is stupid..
I would much rather be up a creek without a paddle than down one.


 

anything