Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 12:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Somewhere for Salmon  (Read 2379 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cephalopodan

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Astoria, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
  • Posts: 59
It looks like I am cleared from work for a couple of weeks and I absolutely must land a salmon in my kayak this year.  I'm in Astoria but willing to drive around a little if someone is looking for a fishing partner for a day. Lemme know if anyone is fishing along the Columbia.  I might hit PC up as well during this time off.  Would I be wasting my time looking for salmon out there right now?   
WS Thresher 140-
Let the most absent minded of men be plunged in his deepest reveries-stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water. - Melville


Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
I'd fish right there in Astoria.  You'd be crazy to leave fish to find fish.  Trolling herring/chovies or spinners will get you bit.


Cephalopodan

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Astoria, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
  • Posts: 59
Alright man.  I'm going to just go for it.  I'll launch over on the WA side just past Dismal Nitch and troll around there for a bit.  I've got a friend going as well.  Not sure the day yet.  I'll post it when I decide just in case anyone else wants to join in. 
WS Thresher 140-
Let the most absent minded of men be plunged in his deepest reveries-stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water. - Melville


IslandHoppa

  • iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Camas, WA
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 1914
With a name like Dismal Nitch I gotta try it! Let me know when you're going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa


Cephalopodan

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Astoria, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
  • Posts: 59
After being told that I had two weeks off I got called in for work leaving tomorrow night and not getting back until Wednesday.  It sucks to be on call with your work because you can never plan anything.  I won't even get to see UGA's opening game sat!
WS Thresher 140-
Let the most absent minded of men be plunged in his deepest reveries-stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water. - Melville


Yak Outback

  • Krill
  • *
  • Location: Green Bluff
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 14
A guy needs a break once in awhile.  Maybe it's time to call in sick.  I hear there's a 72 hour flu going around...
Hobie Rev 13


 

anything