Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 07:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: NRS disappointment  (Read 2623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
We got Linglady's dry suit back from NRS today.  $55 to terrace the neck gasket and they didn't even test for pinholes or clean it.  Pretty lame.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

 


Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
That is lame.. bad customer service is a big pet peeve of mine >:( ..  I'll drive an extra hour and happily pay more money to by stuff from people I can count on to stand behind their products.

 I know it's little consolation but for your next suit purchase I highly recommend Kokatat. They bring all my immersion gear back up to 100% each winter.  They clean, patch pin holes/pressure test, replace worn bits and bobs  etc. etc. and often only end up charging me enough to basically cover their shipping.  I wouldn't own any other brand of immersion wear.  100% satisfaction every time I have dealt with them (starting my 8th year). They have two of my dry suits as we speak and I have full confidence they will return ready to fish in perfect condition.   


INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
We got Linglady's dry suit back from NRS today.  $55 to terrace the neck gasket and they didn't even test for pinholes or clean it.  Pretty lame.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Terrace the neck gasket?  Not entirely sure what that is?

In my small dealings with NRS, I thought they were quite helpful when I inquired and ordered a new neck gasket for my NRS drytop. 
Granted I didn't send in my drytop to replace the neck gasket, I just did it myself.
 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
I meant to type replace the neck gasket. 

We sent it in because I assumed they would check it for pinholes and such like I always hear about Kokatat.  Thanks PP, Fortunately mine is a Kokatat - we got her suit used for a steal of a deal, or gets would be Kokatat too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

 


Linglady

  • Krill
  • *
  • Location: Tacoma WA
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 15
That is lame.. bad customer service is a big pet peeve of mine >:( ..  I'll drive an extra hour and happily pay more money to by stuff from people I can count on to stand behind their products.

 I know it's little consolation but for your next suit purchase I highly recommend Kokatat. They bring all my immersion gear back up to 100% each winter.  They clean, patch pin holes/pressure test, replace worn bits and bobs  etc. etc. and often only end up charging me enough to basically cover their shipping.  I wouldn't own any other brand of immersion wear.  100% satisfaction every time I have dealt with them (starting my 8th year). They have two of my dry suits as we speak and I have full confidence they will return ready to fish in perfect condition.

At some point, I'll get a ladies suit, so I'll keep that in mind.


 

anything