Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 08:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Jigging rods  (Read 10081 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

revjcp

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Don't judge me...
  • Location: Shelton, WA
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 1924
Thanks RR!  That helps a lot... maybe I will give it a try - I have a Tiger Lite... but I have only used it for sturgeon and trolling with big flashers.  On another note... why does everyone grab lings with lip grippers instead of just on the inside of the gill plate?  I know the gills can be sharp... and the biggest ling I have caught was only around 36 inches or so... this is just how I learned to do it but I've noticed I am in a minority.
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback


Romanian Redneck

  • snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Location: Vancouver, WA
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 1979
Thanks RR!  That helps a lot... maybe I will give it a try - I have a Tiger Lite... but I have only used it for sturgeon and trolling with big flashers.  On another note... why does everyone grab lings with lip grippers instead of just on the inside of the gill plate?  I know the gills can be sharp... and the biggest ling I have caught was only around 36 inches or so... this is just how I learned to do it but I've noticed I am in a minority.

For me lip gripping is just more convenient. Plus if my fingers are freezings and numb I have a higher chance of loosing my grip on the gill and potentially loosing the fish. Or, ending up missing the gill plate completely and finding myself with ling teeth buried in my wrist.
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy