Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:48:52 PM]

[Today at 05:45:18 PM]

[Today at 02:50:54 PM]

[Today at 12:10:56 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 06:03:03 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:35:37 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:08:01 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 01:37:54 PM]

[June 02, 2024, 08:07:13 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:31:12 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:30:19 AM]

[May 31, 2024, 09:49:03 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: HOW-PDX at the Pacific Northwest Sportsman's Show  (Read 4812 times)

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
ChumChum, I'm a NorCal refugee, too. PM me your full name and contact info and which days/times you'd like to work the booth and I'll put you on the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Did you guys get any brochures from HOW National? This is what we did to get our contact info out when people came by the booth.

Dino Abulencia
HOW-NWest

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
A snap of our booth so you know it when you see it, actually we're super easy to find as we're right across from Englund Marine. Which is a great spot (BIG thanks to O'Loughlin Trade Shows) because everybody hunts gear and tackle bargains at the show. Anyway, Snarf (pictured) in the booth was busy getting ready, and also big thanks to Langston, Rich, Ryan and Eric for the volunteer effort.

Many thanks also to Crabby Lift (Booth 309) is having a raffle for a real nice aluminum welded davit and donating the proceeds to HOW. So if you know somebody with a stinkpot, stop by and buy a ticket.

Hope to see you there!

LB
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:56:34 PM by Ling Banger »
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Getn on the road, see you guys in a few hours.

Dino Abulencia
HOW-NWest

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
So glad it's over, but we really had a great show!

We connected with a good number of Wounded Warriors who are really eager to get out on the water with us, and we raised a fair amount of cash for much needed equipment purchases.

Special thanks to Crabby Lift, maker of fine crab davits for your power boats. They had a raffle for one of their products and donated the proceeds to us.

We received some nice gear and pledges to hook us up from show exhibitors. A few in particular I'd like to give a shout out to (but please don't be upset if I forget anybody, I'm still totally wiped out) are Cousins Tackle, Next Adventure, Englund Marine, Fisherman's Marine, Angler Innovations, Flash Master, Wicked Lures, and one of our very own CrabHawk!

Also, we couldn't have done it without our dedicated volunteers. A huge thanks to all the NWKA brothers who rolled up their sleeves for our fighting men and women. Also big thanks to Rich and the rest of the Portland Kayak meet-up group, you guys rock!

One story from the show I'd like to share with you all is the tale of the guy in the pic below. He was an 88 year old WWII Army Veteran, 10th Mountain Division. He was in great shape and appeared to be cruising the show solo. He donated a few bucks, and we talked for a while. The 10th split into two and shipped out to Italy to chase out the Nazis.

(from Wiki)
The division sailed for Italy in two parts, with the 86th Infantry and support leaving Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia on 11 December aboard the SS Argentina and arrived in Naples, Italy on 22 December. The 85th and 87th Infantry left Hampton Roads, Virginia on 4 January 1945 aboard the SS West Point arriving on 13 January 1945.

During World War II, the 10th Mountain Division suffered 992 killed in action and 4,154 wounded in action in 114 days of combat.[38] Soldiers of the division were awarded one Medal of Honor (John D. Magrath), three Distinguished Service Crosses, one Distinguished Service Medal, 449 Silver Star Medals, seven Legion of Merit Medals, 15 Soldier's Medals, and 7,729 Bronze Star Medals.[30] The division itself was awarded two campaign streamers.[30]
(end wiki)

This neat old guy was in the second wave, and after the Nazis were out of business in Italy the first wave was to be shipped back stateside for brief r&r, and sent to the Pacific theater, while the second wave was to be left to occupy Italy. The commander of the first wave protested and argued that if anybody is staying to occupy Italy it's going to be us, we were here first! He won the argument and the second wave was shipped home. As the ship entered NY Harbor they received word of Japan's surrender. Nice timing!

Thanks again everybody!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:55:59 PM by Ling Banger »
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Excellent work boys! I-Hop and Linger Banger were pretty much at the booth for 12 hours a day for all 5 days. It's a huge contribution and HOW is VERY lucky to have two such dedicated yakers. I'll try and put in more time at the next one! you guys rock!!!!

Noah

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Excellent work boys! I-Hop and Linger Banger were pretty much at the booth for 12 hours a day for all 5 days. It's a huge contribution and HOW is VERY lucky to have two such dedicated yakers. I'll try and put in more time at the next one! you guys rock!!!!

Noah

+1 to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy