Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 12:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: GoPro 4...which model...if any...  (Read 7864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
So, Hero4 Silver vs Hero3+ Black.  Specs seem to be about the same, price is about the same.  Are they basically the same camera?  Thinking I'll snag a Hero4 Silver at REI tonight.
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
Went ahead and snagged a 3+ Black for $350 (and I'll get 10% back as an REI dividend).
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



kardinal_84

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Location: Anchorage, AK
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 4216
Yah. I'm definitely rethinking things. Borrowing a friends hero 3 black (no +). It's really all I need...I think.
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com


Tinker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Kevin
  • Location: 42.74°N 124.5°W
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3338
We're jumping into action cams with a Hero 4 Silver.  I wanted the LCD screen in case I needed to use it point-and-shoot more than I wanted 4K capability.

Now I get to start down the "let's add this and gotta have that" path for accessories, but it is a really nice little unit.
The fish bite twice a day - just before we get here and right after we leave.


 

anything