Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 08:53:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: PFD knife?  (Read 11838 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SturgeonRod

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Pittmeadows bc
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 378
Not picking on only Craig here, because I have seen several others make the same mistake:

You lose your knife when it lays around loose on the deck. Also, you use cord to secure things. Chord is a geometric term. Class over.
A good strip of Velcro is a great way to secure thing you don't want to necessarily store, and saves on leashes/ said geometric "chord" dangling off every tool on deck. I use a few patches in various places on my yaks. My LifeProof phone, some pliers and a small tackle box are secured with it. 


-Rodney-
-Rodney-


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
Not picking on only Craig here, because I have seen several others make the same mistake:

You lose your knife when it lays around loose on the deck. Also, you use cord to secure things. Chord is a geometric term. Class over.

I am sorry.  I should have been more clear.  I said I lose them.  I never said I lose them while on the water.  I have never lost a knife overboard. Several cameras, but no knives...yet.  I always seem to misplace them after fishing.  They are probably in someones car or trailer.  I have yet to misplace the dive knife because it goes back in the same place all the time.  I guess I need to fashion a scabbard for a bait knife.


CraigVM62

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Sumner
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 579
Personally,  I just feel good now knowing it is safe around these parts   ;D ;D ;D

I am constantly on their most wantid list

I used to think that Bigfoot might exist. Then I saw the reality shows where they are looking for them.  Now I am certain they don't


sherminator

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Tigard, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 847
Personally,  I just feel good now knowing it is safe around these parts   ;D ;D ;D

I am constantly on their most wantid list



It is an obnoxious compulsion, and I resist most of the time, but not all the time - I blame my father.
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
Spelling and Sarcasm - they are the funnest thing on the intarwebz
 


boxofrain

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Brookings, Or.
  • Date Registered: May 2006
  • Posts: 1015
Not picking on only Craig here, because I have seen several others make the same mistake:

You lose your knife when it lays around loose on the deck. Also, you use cord to secure things. Chord is a geometric term. Class over.
A good strip of Velcro is a great way to secure thing you don't want to necessarily store, and saves on leashes/ said geometric "chord" dangling off every tool on deck. I use a few patches in various places on my yaks. My LifeProof phone, some pliers and a small tackle box are secured with it. 


-Rodney-


 HeHe...I'm off to the store for some velcro tape...thanks for that tip Bro!
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.