Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:07:15 PM]

[Today at 05:42:39 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: ORC 2010 Planning Thread  (Read 32170 times)

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
I'm contemplating pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and slaw for all comers on Friday night... Just find me and dinner is on me.

Should give those prone to the "rainbow yawn" a nice smokey aroma on the salt Saturday ;D >:D

If I remember correctly, this was my favorite from last year!

I thought pelagic made some kind of curry dish for friday last year? It was delish, not too strong on the curry.
See ya on the water..
Roy

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'm contemplating pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and slaw for all comers on Friday night... Just find me and dinner is on me.

Should give those prone to the "rainbow yawn" a nice smokey aroma on the salt Saturday ;D >:D

If I remember correctly, this was my favorite from last year!

I thought pelagic made some kind of curry dish for friday last year? It was delish, not too strong on the curry.

There you go, ruining a perfectly good memory! I don't have many left   ;)
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
If the girlfriend can get the time off work, I plan on coming down during the day Friday with three or four of our hoard in tow.  Pulled pork sounds really good!

-Spot-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

The Nothing

• De nihilo nihil
  • Sturgeon
  • De nihilo nihil
  • YakFish@IOL
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Wife said she's willing to come so long as she's not the only one at camp when she wakes up :D

Shall I make up some Tartar sauce? Cocktail?
~Isaac
Blog 'YakFish
ProStaff NRSJackson Kayak | PK Lures | YakAngler

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007

There you go, ruining a perfectly good memory! I don't have many left   ;)

Hopefully the real stuff will be as good as the false memory.... :D
See ya on the water..
Roy

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
paid this morning.

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Wife said she's willing to come so long as she's not the only one at camp when she wakes up :D

My wife will be there if it's not raining.  There's a 100% chance she won't be there if it IS raining  ;D

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

My wife will be there if it's not raining.  There's a 100% chance she won't be there if it IS raining  ;D

Get her a nice rain coat and a good pair of Binoculars.  ;)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I can't think of any great recipies I could bring, but I'll bring plenty of disposable plates, utensils, cups and napkins. I'll probably bring some brewskies too.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
  • If we are doing a pot luck like last year, who's bringin' what?

Hmmm...I can bring either dinner or dessert, but I'm wondering what the cooking/heating options are like.  That'll help me make my decision.  I'm imagining we won't have access to a proper oven/stove and will be using either a camp stove or a good old fashioned fire?  Maybe a park-style BBQ setup at the campground?  Has anyone been here before?

• Who is camping with us in the group site?  What night(s)?
I reserved a spot.  Camping in my luxurious tent Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Gonna try to get there while it's still light on Thursday.  Long drive from Bellingham.

• Is anyone pre-fishing on Friday?

Yeah, I was planning on getting the lay of the land (or sea) on Friday, weather permitting.  More just to get an extra day fishing (given ling season will be closed in WA) than to try to get a competitive edge!

Really looking forward to the event and meeting all you guys
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
Is anyone thinking of bringing "fish fry gear"? 

If everyone wanted to throw a fish or two into the group pile we could do up some serious fried fish.  We have a sorta small group and if we just want to tag team on the fish and then have some sides and desserts we could keep it simple.  BUT if the ocean locks us out we could end up hungry...  Thoughts

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
If someone wants to bring a fryer or two like last time, I'll bring some Pride Of The West. If we get shut out of the ocean I think I have some rockfish to spare that I can bring also.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Madoc

• Lingcod
  • Kayak.Yng
  • Date Registered: May 2009
If someone wants to bring a fryer or two like last time, I'll bring some Pride Of The West. If we get shut out of the ocean I think I have some rockfish to spare that I can bring also.

I'll bring the big stove I brought last year.  I still need to find someone with a site that they would be willing to share.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!

How dare you even suggest such a thing!?!?!?
Go wash your mouth out right now!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Pelagic

• Sturgeon

I'll bring the big stove I brought last year.  I still need to find someone with a site that they would be willing to share.

Is it s decent output stove like a Camp Chef?  If so I can bring the gear needed to fry up some sea kittens (panko, tempura, wok/pot, oil, spider, etc etc.)